Novelis Neighbour is a global programme established by Novelis in 2012 as part of our Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy. We have an ongoing commitment to achieve industry-leading economic and environmental goals, while simultaneously improving the quality of life for our employees and their families, the communities where we operate and society as a whole.
Through Novelis Neighbour, our company has developed a reputation for giving back to our communities through financial contributions and volunteer hours. We achieve this through donations and support given throughout the year, the highlight of which is our Novelis Month of Service which takes place in October, across our global operations.
Every year the programme donates over £3 million and gives over 24,000 volunteer hours.
Through the Novelis Neighbour initiative Novelis employees support more than 250 community projects at 30 sites in 10 countries. These projects focus on three pillars: making communities safer; supporting Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) education; and, increasing recycling by consumers.
Through the Novelis Neighbour programme, Novelis Recycling is supporting charities, good causes and fundraising events in the local community in and around our recycling plant at Latchford, Warrington.
Every year Novelis Recycling support a wide range of charities and community initiatives and donate over £20,000 to help them with their work.
- Six local schools are now ‘Heart Safe’ and equipped with automatic defibrillators
- One child and his parents are undergoing a full year of education, development and care not available on the NHS
- Our local hospice has received sponsorship funds and equipment for use by patients’ families
- We have supported employees in their own activities by matching their sponsorship funds
- A team from Novelis Recycling volunteered at a project for disadvantaged adults to improve their buildings and outside area
- Two nearby hospitals have also received much needed donations as well as practical help with building works and garden landscaping